Korean Skin Care Regimen and It works!

Dear All, unlike my other posts, now I would like to share my review and experience using Korean Skincare line. FYI, in the past, I did not really care about my own skin. I barely used skincare or even just day-cream. Thus my face was very dry and dark years ago. Hahaha.

My collection of skin care~


My improvement started two years ago when I had to wear make up. Yes, I got a job! But make up is not very friendly with our skin. Thus, I bought a day-cream of local brand. It helped me a lot that days. It moisturized my skin and in the end helped my face look brighter and also reduce my acne. The only problem was blackheads around my nose area. But I didn't found it too annoying. 

Then, as my monthly bank statement went higher, I wonder if I need to try another more expensive brand. So, I change my day-cream plus my face wash to The Bodyshop Vitamin E Intense Moisture Cream. One of my friends use it and her skin got much better. But when I used it, somehow I found my skin become oily, but I thought it was fine. Healthy skin needs oil to be hydrated. After months, I got so many pimple on my T-Area, though I already decreased the amount I applied. Thus I change again to seaweed line which was more suitable for combination skin. And, after only a week, my skin got drier. It was so dry and even create light rash on my face. I got stressed. I stopped using those products and tried to do some research about skincare especially Korean skincare. I have tendency to use Korean Skincare because : First, I enjoy Korean TV-shows a lot, and saw a lot of advertisement about their product; Second, from my research (I called it research because I did it for about a month), Korean Skincare mainly use chemical from plants thus decrease possibility of using lard and insects. But you still should be careful with certain ingredients like snail filtrate extract and placental protein. Before buy the product it would be better if you carefully check the ingredients. I usually use http://www.cosdna.com/ and google to analyze the substance.

And now ~ I call myself  'skincare enthusiast'. Hahaha

At first I only buy Laneige Water Sleeping Mask and Etude Wonder Pore Line in travel size. It works! My dryness depleted though not completely. I feel different using those product. My skin was moisturized but not too oily. My pore reduced and my face become fresher because it hydrated well. I was satisfied with the result and continuously apply the 10-step of applying Korean skin care. Below are the steps and products I've been used. For more detail you could read https://sokoglam.com/pages/the-korean-skin-care-routine and http://fashionista.com/2015/02/korean-skin-care-essence-serum or another review in google. 
  1. Cleansing. 
    • All korean beauty blogger would recommend you to use two steps of cleansing. Oil cleansing and water based cleansing. Oil cleansing work effectively to get rid most of the obstacles, ie. makeup, dirt and general environmental grossness and impurities while the water based cleansing finish it by push away any residue. Because our skin is already clean, the nutrition would absorb effectively after that.
    • At first, I did it with local brand 'Wardah' for oil cleanser and The Body Shop Seaweed face wash. But it did not turn out well. My face feel irritated after using it for a week. So stopped the double cleansing section and only used the face wash. I never wear make up so thick, so I guess it would still work to clean up my face from any residuals. Recently I bought Garnier Micellar Water and a honey-made soap (I forgot the brand). It is the best combo. The micellar water really clean up the dirt a lot and the honey soap finish the cleansing without causing dryness.  

  2. Exfoliating
    • Exfoliator pull away dead skin cells, improve the cell turnover, unclog pores and allow for better absorption for another nutritious substance
    • Previously I used Clinique Clarifying Lotion. It says twice a day exfoliator, thus I put it in exfoliator part though it works like toner. The alcohol substance is relatively strong and makes my skin dry. But it works well with my pore. It reduced my blackheads around nose area.
    • After I finished my Clinique, I use Skinfood Black Sugar Mask Wash-Off. Instead of Innisfree Jeju Black Sugar Mask, I choose Skinfood because from the article I read, its substances are more gentle than Innisfree (and cheaper actually. Hahaha). While applying it, use toner or water so it would not be too harsh. Black Sugar Mask contain sugar grains that would easily dissolve after we scrub it to our skin. After scrubbing, leave it for 15 minutes (but I usually wash after 30 minutes). It really get my face fresh, glowing and smooth. The recommended usage is once a week. The cons is it contains Paraben as its preservative.
  3. Applying Toner
    • Toners were invented because soap used to be so harsh that it would raise the pH of your skin to unhealthy levels. The toner would then bring the skin’s surface pH back to normal and help the skin absorbs nutrition well.
    • I used Wardah Hydrating toner because it is so cheap so I dont need to worry if want to use it generously. This Wardah product is pretty satisfying. It is gentle and makes my face so fresh. I used this toner everytime. Seriously, rather than Etude Wonder Pore Freshner, I would prefer to recommend this product to you. 
  4. Sheet Masking
    • There is saying that sheet mask is the heart of Korean skincare. Well. I believe that it is true. When I am doing Umroh, I have to consume primolut-N for a week which makes my face got some rash and it feels so itchy. After back to home, I routinely use sheet mask (Innisfree Skin Clinic Mask) for a week and the rash went away in an instant. Oh my god! Hahaha. Before, I love using sheet mask to relieve my stress from work but I love it more right now. Beside Skin Clinic Mask, I've ever tried the Innisfree Real Squeeze Mask, Etude Sheet Mask and Celebon. The best are Skin Clinic Mask and The most comfortable to use is Etude Sheet Mask. Sheet Mask really help your face softer, dewy and smooth. 
    • Sheet mask is a face sheet soaked in water of nutrition-packed solution. Sheet mask is Use sheet mask after applying toner. sheet masks are effective because as they adhere to your skin, the ingredients infused in the fabric are transferred and able to penetrate the epidermis. Check it here if you want more detail https://www.belmondobeauty.com/why-use-sheet-masks/ and https://www.orgaid.com/blogs/news/42212929-top-10-facts-you-need-to-know-about-sheet-masks
  5. Applying Essence
    Secret Key and Innisfree are the essence while the small one (Mineral Botanica) is the serum
    • Essence is also said as the heart of Korean Skincare. It has more active ingredient which their main function are to hydrate and moist the skin. It is said that essence help our skin from aging and blemish by creating a stronger and more resistant skin foundation. Unlike serum, the essence substance is more like water. Eh, but the essence I am using now (Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Water) comes up with sponge substance. Hehe
    • My first essence was Secret Key Starting Treatment Essence. It is the cheapest essence I can find that time. I love the packaging. It is like SKII comes in cheaper way. But what I dislike is the smell. The smell is too strong and alcoholic. Its active and main ingredient is Galactomyces which also used in SKII and Missha. It wasnt sticky at all but I did not feel moist also. After months using it everyday (as you see in picture, I finished half of it), I didnt see significant changes on my skin. So I bought another essence (Innisfree). Different with Secret Key, Innisfree Jeju Sparkling Mineral Essence has thermal water (Onsen-Sui 73.6%) as its main ingredient and comes up in can packaging. According to the packaging it's 6-free: no paraben, animal ingredient, miniral oil, color, artificial fragrance and imidazolidinyl urea. Hmm. Good enough right. Its substance (though like sponge) is watery and melts into water in no time. It has refreshing smell like combination of citrus and some flowery fragrant.  My skin feels really moist and dewy right after applying
  6. Applying Serum
  7. Applying Moisturizer
    • When my face was very dry, I used Innisfree Green Tea Balancing Lotion and it had a great effect after a week. My face become so moist at an instant. Only with 3 droplets, clap it on my hand and apply it to my face. But after using it for a month, my face become oily enough to have many acne. Heugh. So I stopped using this product. It would only be good to dry skin. 
    • After that, I took a look online and found make p:rem safe relief moisture cream. That time only because there is a sale on the product. The result is wow. My oil become controllable. My face becomes brighter and my acne scars becomes invisible. My black head is none. Even when I am on my period, acne didnot come. If you look into its ingredients, it contains 12 ingredients which has high level of safety. Check this out http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_44b6265875.html. You SHOULD TRY!!!
    • Unfortunately, It is so expensive and hard to get in Indonesia. Thus I, once again, look for the substitute and found Sebamed Moisturizer Cream. Yeah. It is not as good as Make P:rem but still good. It really moist my face thought after a week my face becomes more oily and acne cooomeee~ Those I look for skin care which would make my face drier and found Nature Republic Aloe Vera Gel which is so famous and somewhat contain alcohol. Three days using it and my oil is gone. My face becomes drier again and then I stop it after three days and back to Sebamed. Now I use both product alternately.  This combination skin is really something

  8. Applying SPF
    • Actually, I dont apply sunscreen separately. For me, BB Cream is already enough to cover my skin from the sun because most time I am indoors. I already used Etude Precious Mineral Blooming Fit, Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream and Innisfree Eco Natural Green Tea BB Cream. And the most suitable product for my skin is ... Etude Precious Mineral Blooming Fit. It very soft and create good complexion over my face. second choice is Innisfree Eco Natural Green Tea BB Cream because it feels drier. and will never repurchase Missha Perfect Cover BB Cream. It is too thick for my skin and make white head appear. I guess my skin is not suitable with product with high SPF. 

  9. Applying Eye Cream
    • I understand it is also important for our skin. It just I havent tried one of this kind. 

  10. Applying Lip Balm
    • Nuxe lip balm is the best. In the night better use Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask. It works to reduce wrinkles on your lips thus make your lips structure smoother
  11. Applying Night Cream
    • Try Laneige Sleeping Mask. It is one of the best sleeping mask.

0 comments:

Post a Comment